Finance & Accounting for Non-Finance Managers
Finance for Non-Finance Manager is an appropriate course for fast growing corporate bodies to acquaint the management with the understanding of the place of accounting and finance in management decision that can stand the test time. Raising financial awareness, participants are better able to manage businesses’ revenues, costs, profits and cash.
To raise the level of financial awareness of participants and enable them to use the financial information provided to make better short-term and long-term decisions in managing their businesses.
This workshop will provide basic financial principles and cover generic financial management tools necessary for decision making. Learning is achieved via examples, which reinforce the theory
- Understand the main components of a typical set of financial statements or annual report
- Appreciate the key underlying accounting concepts used in the preparation of financial statements
- Know how to interpret financial statements and analyse businesses using the 7-step approach
- Perform a SWOT analysis using financial statements
Cash operating cycle
- Understand the cash operating cycle and what affects a company’s cash flow
- Manage the cash operating cycle
- Know the different categories of costs which exist and their implication on costing
- Understand costing concepts, and apply them in making business decisions
Budgeting, Forex & Taxation
- Have an appreciation of budgeting and the effects of foreign exchange movements and taxation on financial decisions
Investment appraisal tool
- Understand the payback period, net present value and internal rate of return methods of project appraisal in decision-making
- Understand briefly the concepts of shareholder value, gearing and weighted average cost of capital
- Exercise on Business analysis
Profit versus Cash
- Understand the difference between the impact on profit and cash of 15 typical transactions which companies undertake
- Be clear on why cash is king!
Uncover and appreciate what some of the clear warning signals are in financial statements
Executives, managers or anyone who routinely uses financial information in the course of their work. Prior knowledge of accounting/finance is not required.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 3 Days
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Self