This course examines the basics, most importantly to be considerate of others, dress/appearance, the workplace versus social situations, business meetings, proper introductions and ‘the handshake’, conversation skills/small talk, cultural differences affecting international business opportunities, dealing with interruptions, and proper business email and telephone etiquette. Have you ever been in a situation where:
• You met someone important and had no idea what to say or do?
• You spilled soup all over yourself at an important business event?
• You showed up at an important meeting under or overdressed?
Let’s face it: we’ve all had those embarrassing etiquette gaffes. Our Business Etiquette workshop will help your participants look and sound their best no matter what the situation.
• Define etiquette and provide an example of how etiquette can be of value to a company or organization.
• Understand the guidelines on how to make effective introductions.
• Identify the 3 C’s of a good impression.
• Understand how to use a business card effectively.
• Identify and practice at least one way to remember names.
• Identify the 3 steps in giving a handshake.
• Enumerate the four levels of conversation and provide an example for each.
• Understand place settings, napkin etiquette and basic table manners.
• Understand the meaning of colors in dressing for success.
• Differentiate among the dressy casual, semi-formal, formal and black tie dress code.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Self